Friday, August 27, 2010

would you rather wear levi's or put a hotel on boardwalk?

are you a pantster or a plotter?

authoress has put out her thoughts out there on her preferred style of writing.
http://misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com/

authoress is a pantser--someone who writes by the seat of their pants, as the ideas come to her and flow from her brain out to her typing fingertips. never is she a plotter who sits down to create massive plot outlines or build detailed worlds.

i am a pantser.
i cannot sit down and write an outline to a story that doesn't even exist. now once i start with a story, i may outline certain details about a character or setting, but not enough to ever call myself a plotter.

so what are you?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I freely admit I'm pants:

    http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/pants

    ' adjective
    •inadequate, displeasing, or of poor quality. Possible origin: underwear, called "pants" in Britain.
    See more words meaning: bad, poor, sucks, common, generally displeasing

    •Another possible etymology for the "displeasing" meaning is the German expression "toten Hosen." Literally "dead pants", the expression means "impotent" or "nothing going on".'

    Or.. to put it another way.. when the words start to dance, they don't tell me the tune in advance. They don't even tell me the tune once they've done dancing. They just use my fingers as a way to escape into the world.

    Oh. I didn;t answer the question, did I? :-).

    I'm a pantster.


    The Idiot

    ReplyDelete